Friday, July 14, 2006

Mussings of an airport lay-a-bout.

So I'm sitting in Toronto airport waiting for my transfer and I get talking to the barman after my second pint. He starts going on about how much fun he has whilst in Montreal, and for the first time ever I actually start to miss it.

But this is offset by the couple sat next to me speaking with a really thick Northern accent, by northern I mean Northern English, Manchester to be precise, and this starts to get me excited about returning home for the first time in 11 months.

It's a strange feeling as I actually feel torn between my 2 current homes. Just then I hear the boarding call and now I'm really excited, I don't mind the night flights as it's all quiet, and I can catch up on a couple of films or some reading either way it's nothing to complain about.

I decided to ask for a cheeky upgrade as you get nothing if you don't ask, this could also have something to do with the couple of pints I sank earlier, but unfortunately I'm denied. Although I am well aware that my time in Montreal will be limited to the length of time I choose, the feeling I have at the moment is that Montreal is going to be somewhere I am going to miss immensely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How Many Visits
Free Webcounter