Sunday, July 09, 2006

Jumping off of high stuff

It may or may not be known that I'm kinda a little scared of heights, not sure why but one thing is for sure it doesn't make jumping off of high stuff into water easy.

So when I went jumping at Point-des-cascade with Jez. Nick, Blake and Jeff, there was no way that they were going to let me go until I'd jumped off the dam at least once. With my pride getting in the way, I didn't want to let them down, but I also wasn't going to be goaded into anything. But they did anyway... The above picture is me in mid flight, trying desparately not to injure myself this time, especially with a return to England imminant.

After jumping we all headed down the river to a quiet spot with a little more breeze and alot more mosquito's for a little bit of BBQ action, and with it being so hot we decided to go for a little swim, and even tried to push Nick off into the current with his lilo.

Here you can see in all it's glory the jump at Point-Des-Cascade, I think it works out as around 35-40 ft high, which seems to hold no fear for anyone else except me. I think I did actually manage to jump within the first hour we got there this time, which is considerably quicker than the last couple of time. These times, I would have to wait for someone someone else to jump (last time I think it was a random 16 year old girl), before I ended up flinging myself off.


As you can see it was a perfectly calm day, I think this must be what the summers here in Montreal are all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How Many Visits
Free Webcounter