Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Brighton – Jez and Mike (Ex Hothouse)

Mike and Jez loving the camera

The tour continued with a visit to Brighton, to see Mike and Jez, this was also the scene of the original Basketball Story, now I’m not going to bore you with the entire story but it basically involved me showing my calmness under pressure on a basketball stand about 4 years ago, resulting in a win against the odds and a cuddly tiger. But that wasn’t why I was there this time…

Jez no doubt telling one of his yarn's this alone could of been the reason I went to Brighton.


So we turn up at Brighton late, after shooting down, hitting what seemed like a massive bird on the way (That would come back to haunt me later on). So I am meeting Jez and Mike at a small bar near the hotel, but even though I had travelled over 3000 miles he still seemed reluctant to meet me at the hotel. Although he did offer to get the drinks in for when we got there. It doesn’t take long to slip back into old habbits with Jez “affectionately” calling me simple, Mike bringing up embarrassing stories for Saima and Jez’s girlfriends pleasure. Of course drinking was standard, but then it wouldn’t be a night out with these guys without it.

Now I know that they were keen to appear on the blog, so I don’t want to disappoint.

The weather was gorgeous, and it was really fun to be back in Brighton, so it would be rude not to take a trip along the pier, and who know’s maybe win another tiger? Alas is wasn’t to be, as this time dispite my best efforts luck wasn’t with me this time and although it was a good effort of 2 out of 5 it wasn’t good enough to repeat the feat of 4 years ago.

But I still managed to get my authentic Brighton fish and chips, work on my farmers tan and see some good friends. Next stop Henley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How Many Visits
Free Webcounter