Friday, November 23, 2007

Goodnight, god bless



Ivy "Scorpio Number 1,the bruiser" Boughey
November 11th 1920 - November 23rd 2007.

Aged 87

My nan "Scorpio number 1" as she always used to call herself, Ivy Boughey. Passed away. It was something she always used to say, basically as our birthday's were only a week apart, I have to admit that I thought that it was getting a little old, but have to admit I'll miss being called "Scorpio number 2" there was something comforting about it.

Over the past couple of years her health had deteriorated, and over that time it had been 1 step forward 2 steps back. I have to admit that this is was also one of the reasons I had wanted to return to the UK and I'm glad I was in the country when she went. I'll never forget doing the robot with her at my sisters wedding, shooting toy pistols at cardboard cutouts on Christmas morning when I was a kid (and when I was 25).

Never a hair out of place as one of my sisters said, anyway, my family all wanted to put something in the paper in memory and wanted to share, check out some of my families rhyming skills.

3 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger xxxx said...

Sorry for your loss big fella

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger MacPurdys said...

Hey Kris,
So sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope your family is doing ok. Just keep all her memories close to your heart!!

Stacey

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Cari said...

Hey,
Sorry to hear about your Nan. It sounds like the two of you had a very special relationship and I remember how proud you were of her when you talked about her! Take care...
Cari, Steve and Jesse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

How Many Visits
Free Webcounter