Friday, November 16, 2007

Closure.


After all the hype, all the anticipation, all the promotion, all the bruises, and the parties... It's finally here, come on by now you must all know what I'm talking about, since I left Ubisoft Montreal, my excitement has turned from developer to fan. Maybe because I knew what was coming.

Interestingly though the reviews have been mixed, (Gamespot, 1Up, Game Informer and Eurogamer) which in hindsight I suppose is to be expected, the Marmite of gaming someone suggested to me, you either love it or hate it. Personally I'm really happy how the combat has turned out, and now I've seen it in the finished product with all the presentation around it, and I've taken a step back and I'm really pleased with how things came together. All the decisions that seemed so hard to work out over my time on the project seem so obvious now, how could it of gone any other way?

A highlight from just last week, was when I caught some of the fighters from the UFC in an interview saying how much they were enjoying it. I was loving the fact they picked our a couple of the moves we had put so much effort into.

Anyway, the game is out now, and I suppose that it's time to move on to the next challenge. AC was one hell of an experience.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How Many Visits
Free Webcounter