Sunday, July 15, 2007

E3 with Assassins Creed in Santa Monica

I was lucky enough to be one of the 12 members of the team invited to travel to Santa Monica for E3 2007 with Assassins Creed to demo the game, and get the first chance to show everyone what we've been working so hard on. Who knew that a trip to LA would be so exhausting. 4 Days stuck in a small room with a load of consoles that close to the beach was torture, but the thrill of showing someone that was so excited about the game when they sat down next to me was great, I've managed to track down a couple of the guys' articles that I demoed to and so far they all seem pretty positive, of course there will be good and bad press with everything you do, but the majority seem really good.

Offical Xbox Magazine and Infuze Magazine

The whole week was a little surreal, with being a rep for Assassin's Creed, we got the chance to enjoy Santa Monica on Ubisoft's coin, which is always fun, I mean it's not every day that you get to got to LA for free is it? Ubisoft is known for it's parties and E3 even though it was quieter than previous years was not going to be any different. The main stay of any Ubisoft party is the open bar. So a few martini's later, and Jonnie and I start on the shots, and the Kobe beef burgers, turns out that Kobe beef is basically drunk cow thats been massaged, and drip fed copious amounts of alchol in it's life, not sure how humaine this is, don't belive me? Check out what wikipedia says...

Then came the craziest taxi ride in the world, ever!

The remaining 8 of us missed the free bus back to the hotel, bare in mind we've been abusing the free bar for a good 5 hours, so this part could be a little hazy. Patrice hails a cab, that should only really be seating about 6, so 8 of us get in, 2 sit on the floor, with me in the front. The cd player gets cranked right up to 11, I mean the sort of loud that you can feel in the pit of your stomach. He floors it, and according to Patrice who looked at the speedo, we hit about 80 mph on the Ocean Road, no stoping for the lights and dodging in and out of the few cars. For some reason I should of been scared for my life, but I just kept laughing uncontrolably. I think he actually made about $50 on a $10 cab ride, as we all just gave him money... Not sure why.


Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude!

You came to LA and didn't even tell me?

Shame shame I know your name!

G.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

How Many Visits
Free Webcounter