Monday, October 29, 2007

Reverend and the Makers in Bristol

Last Tuesday night I took Saima to see Reverend and the Makers, now until I’d come home I hadn’t heard much about them but I had heard a lot of good reviews from other people that had seen them, and with my internal mandate of seeking new music and independent film (check me out!!), we jumped at the chance for tickets at the relatively small Carling Academy in Bristol. This place I reckon holds around 400 people, tops, so we were always going to be close the stage and get a chance to take in the show, for some reason blogger isn't letting me upload images, but there is some coming.

We get there about 40 minutes before the main event, and take in a small new band supporting going by the name of “The Ting Tings”, give them a listen, they aren’t bad and definitely something a little original, loads of energy but that was nothing compared to the Reverend.

On he comes to large bright flashing lights, silhouetted to the crowd, all you could make out was this lanky northerner with what could only be described as a haircut similar to that of Leo Sayers, his band is already on stage already playing the intro to the first tune. Straight away this guy gets the crowd involved, shadow boxing to the music. The girl in front of us clearly having a great time bumping into everyone decides to move further into the crowd of people giving us a clear view of the action.

For those that haven’t heard them, they are like a combination of “The Streets” and the “Arctic Monkeys”, and the reverend as he likes to be called definitely has a little bit of arrogant confidence about him, not unlike Liam Gallagher, and with being a massive fan of Oasis (still) I lapped it up. Anyway the gig was fantastic, and with this band more than likely to hit the big time pretty soon, I doubt that we’ll get to see them in a venue this small again, they are the kind of band that could easily fill a larger place and still entertain everyone, so my advice is if you get a chance to see them… Go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How Many Visits
Free Webcounter