Saturday, July 28, 2007

Thanks for the memories Canada...

With moving out of my place on July 1st, I’ve had limited to no internet access, except through facebook, as Ubisoft hasn’t seemed to cut off access to that yet. But they have cut off access to Blogger, so it’s hard to keep you all up to date with what I’m doing.

The biggest development is that now that I that my work is pretty much done on the project it was time to look at what’s next… I’ve mentioned a few times that I would make a decision nearer the time and that time has now come, and with that I’ve decided that now would be a good time to head back to the UK, and ironically of all places back to Bristol. This came as a surprise to me as well as after Hothouse I didn’t think I’d be back there, I think I always had an idea that I’d be back in England, but if I’m completely honest maybe not so soon, but I did always say that after 2 years I would re-evaluate and see what’s out there.

The chance to be a Lead Animator again is part of the motivation but it’s possible I could of gotten that opportunity at Ubisoft of possibly somewhere else, I’d been getting phone calls because of Linked In and my website for Santa Monica, Vancouver, Edmonton, and various other places, but my heart was always going to be back home in England.

It was a lot tougher decision than I had previously thought it would be, I’ve met so many amazing people in a little under 2 and a half years, that it’s going to be hard to leave that all behind. I’ve looking forward to going back home, but also extremely nervous as this is the first time that I’ll be entering to a company as a lead, instead of being promoted to one, but this is yet again another relatively fresh start for me, and I’m sure like every other opportunity I will embrace it with both hands.

But this 2 and a bit years has taught me so much, not just in my career, but about where I want to be, the 10 year plan I set out for myself has somewhat changed, and realised that work is important but where I am in my personal life is just if not more important.

I’ve been asked to carry on the Blog from England. So roll on the next chapter of my career, and about 50 new facebook contacts from Montreal, this is Kristjan on Tour, signing off…. Well from Montreal at least.

3 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bye bye

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Cari said...

Best of luck! I'm sure our paths will cross again someday!
Cari

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger MacPurdys said...

Best of luck back in England Kris!! Come back and visit!

Take care and we'll all miss you!
Stacey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

How Many Visits
Free Webcounter