Sunday, January 07, 2007

Open letter to BA Baggage Services

Kristjan Zadziuk
Montreal
Quebec
CANADA

British Airways
Baggage Services
P.O. Box 10
Toronto, A.M.F.
L5P 1A2

7th January 2007

To Whom it May Concern

Re: My Baggage

I am writing to you concerning my lost luggage, now I'm sure that you are extremely busy thinking up ways to ignore your customers, or to send them on a merry-go-round so that you never actually have to face anyone. But with you being the biggest airline in the world I would of thought that you wouldn't have any problems sending people bags to their destinations, I mean you do this supposedly thousands of times a day, every day of the week, right?

I appreciate the problems you had the week leading up to Christmas because of the fog, but you successfully delivered my bag to me at the airport then, so why oh why have you had problems sending my bag to me when everything is supposedly back to normal? My bag obviously is in your hands somewhere along the line, surely that little tag that gets put on a suitcase at check-in means something? It's been 3 days now, you must of come across it at somepoint, if passengers cannot trust you to look after our bags why should they travel with you? Yes you give us a couple of free drinks on the flight, and I have to admit that your selection of films especially returning to Canada is extremely good, but that is all academic if I don't receive my bag when I arrive.

We don't know what happens once the bag leaves on that little belt, do the baggage pixies take it to the plane them selves or is it just put on a random flight and it's pot luck if it arrives. You say that you aren't responsible for the contents, but that now seems like a lame excuse that's why I pay you the money I do for my flight, if I didn't care, I'd fly a lesser known airline, surely that's why people fly BA, because you're trusted? Especially at this time of year, you must have a lot of customers traveling back to places with their Christmas presents, how can we ensure that they are on our travel insurance, infact why should we? You are not supposed to expect your luggage to go missing, has your baggage handling got THAT bad?

Apparently 50% of all missing luggage going via Heathrow is from BA flights, your not the only airline flying in and out of there, why are your figures so bad. I actually feel like I've just given you my luggage in some giant con, the fact that you don't seem to follow up even after 3 days without even an update as to it's location is unbelievable.

I look forward to hearing from you (Ha ha ha) Mr/Ms BA Baggage Service guy/girl, as you continue your seemingly fruitless search for my bag.

Your's hanging on the phone,

Kristjan Zadziuk

PS If you haven't seen this yet, I'm not the only one. Sort it out BA, in the mean time I'll be following the BBC's advice on Lost Luggage, apropriately called the Montreal Convention.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Cari said...

crap! did you get it back yet?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

How Many Visits
Free Webcounter