Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Wonder of Christmas: Airport edition

So I’m writing this from the airport in Montreal, I’m sat here waiting to catch my flight to Heathrow, the original plan was fly into London and then jump on another flight to Manchester where I would meet Mum and Dad (who just so happens to be flying back from the Congo at the same time I get in). All would be well and Christmas would get under way with me meeting Saima for her birthday…

But wait what’s this? Bird in the engine? Missed connection because of lateness? How’s about de-icing of the plane in Montreal because the cold weather decided to come back?

None of that malarkey, it’s as simple as too much fog in the South of England, I love the fact that we are in 2007, there is all this technology and in this day and age Mother nature still finds a way of throwing a spanner in the works. Now don’t get me wrong I’m not angry, in fact far from it. I actually find this amusing, my flight could or could not be cancelled in London, but hey, I’m not the fussed. I’ll rent a car and make BA pay, I’ll get a train, and I’ll hitch-hike if I have to. Either way I’m home for Christmas, it could be plenty worse; at least I’ll be in the same country. I’ll only have 200 miles to go to get to Southport… That last 10% is always the hardest right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How Many Visits
Free Webcounter