Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend with the Parents

So Mum and Dad arrived safely, my attempt at winding my sister and brother in law up asking them if Mum and Dad had already left for Montreal seemed to fall on deaf ears. Upon telling him on Saturday evening that I hadn't met up with Mum and Dad all he seemed interesting in telling me was that my sister had only made 4 packets of crisps for dinner. Not "Wow maybe you should check the hotel" or "Thats a bit worrying"... So by this I assumed that he knew I was winding him up, all this whilst my Mum and Dad were over my shoulder, just as well you didn't go off on one with the swearing eh Russ???

Ok, so Dad passed out, but Mum was way too excited to go to sleep before seeing some of Montreal, it crossed my mind to take here to Super Sexe, but thought that going to a "gentlemens club" with your mother isn't really the way to go, so I took her next door to the 3 Brassiers bar for a coffee and caught up.

Saturday saw me being typically 45 minutes late, but by then it was raining so we popped around the corner for breakfast, and Dad was in awe of the fact you got fruit with your bacon.


'Fruit... Thats a great idea, they should do that in Liverpool or Southport'.

Dad

'Yeah it's cool, not too sure that the builders would be best pleased though'.

Kristjan

Off we went to the Underground City, where Mum kept wandering off, and I felt like I was rounding up a couple of kids, but in fairness it is quite easy to get lost down there. Then it was off to Baton Rouge for dinner, where they couldn't get their head around the size of the portions you get, welcome to North America.

Sunday was spent wandering around the Old Port, full of tourists, but suppose that even though I live here thats what we are. But Sunday night, I pulled my Ace Card out, and took them to the Improv Comedy Night on Ste-Cathrine, the same place I went with Saima in January, needless to say, again I had a great time but it's a shame that not many people know about it, as I think that it could be really successful if it was only a little more well known.





Today I'm leaving them to it as I have to work, but will be meeting back up with them tomorrow, so will keep you posted. After living in Montreal for 11 months now, I'm really enjoying showing people around, finally feel like I'm getting a similar feeling to when I was living in Bristol, (Well it wasn't going to happen over night was it)

3 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well nice to finally see u updated ur site, am sure mum will love the pictures you put on for the world to see. hope mum realises she is going to be missing the final of the apprentice, oh and big brother starts in 9 days!!! anyway hope your all enjoying youself tonnes. speak soon xxx

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well nice to finally see u updated ur site, am sure mum will love the pictures you put on for the world to see. hope mum realises she is going to be missing the final of the apprentice, oh and big brother starts in 9 days!!! anyway hope your all enjoying youself tonnes. speak soon xxx

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its lies i tells ya! russ must have been slow typing or something cos he shouted straight down to me 'you're not going to believe this but kristjan completely forgot your mum and dad were visiting today' to which i hollared back up: 'typical kristjan'...which i then repeated when he told me a minute later you were winding us up....i couldnt believe i believed you!! i'll keep looking at this to see you update but i'll email you soon when i have the work one set up. i'll have 8 hours to kill after all...!

love and miss you lots
em and russ (...urgh, gay!just a manly 'bye' from him) xxxxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

How Many Visits
Free Webcounter