Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sorting stuff out...

So work has been a little hectic lately, got to keep reminding myself that I need to switch off. I think I've always found that hard, I have found myself not being myself recently, been a bit quiet, a little snappy at times. But I'm chalking that up to me being over tired, but hey... When am I not, I've always found it hard to get to sleep.

So much to do, and so little time to do it, I find my self procrastinating all the time, not in work, if anything that is how I distract myself. Small things like going to the gym on a regular basis always seems to get delayed, filling out my tax return (still not sure what I need to do for that), even paying bills always seems to get put back until next payday.

Basically I'm saying out loud that I need to get my head together and start making sure I get my priorities organized. The project is important to me, but not so important that I need to neglect everything else. I'm a loyal, hard worker I always have been, I'm one of those strange types that enjoys my work. Sure it has its dull parts but mainly it's good times, but I need to leave the office at the office from time to time, and enjoy my time in Montreal.

Starting with a trip to New York with Jeff, probably Denis, and the girls... I had been worried about the cost, but after walking home (my thinking time), I decided that what ever the cost, it's probably going to be one of the only chances I will get to go to NYC with them, and for the price we are talking, I'm sure I can cover it. Besides... ROAD TRIP, I'll probably drive if we get lost, Meh... Still funny, just a bit out our way. The girls work in the travel industry and they think that they can get some discounts somewhere, so I think that I have justified it to myself enough...

I want to really enjoy my time over in Canada, and as long as work doesn't jump in on my social life too much I'm sure I will, maybe it's more than just my apartment that needs a spring clean...

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, the taxes thing? simply put. take your t4...that is the slip ubi sent you about a month ago, if they have not got it yet then bitch at some one. then go to the 3rd floor of the ubi building, there is an accountant there. she will do all the leg work for you for like $30.

tell her you work at ubi that is when she usualy cuts her fee to $30.

bang, done.

wait to hear back from her, she will file it and you will know either a. what you get back or b. what you owe.

one less concern for you.

hope the project is going great for you and don't stress the little things. the project will get done, on time and looking great. just focus on your task and agressivly take on the crunch.

- vic (calling the kettle black/should take his own advice)

ps. the weather is fan-effing-tastic (not sure if this will allow me to cuss), just put the weather comment in there to poor some sault on that cold canadian winter wound. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

How Many Visits
Free Webcounter