Sunday, February 11, 2007

Go Hab's, Go!!!


Tuesday night, saw me attend my first Montreal Canadiens game, or "Habs" as they are called here, ironically this was the same day that the owner of the Canadiens bought Liverpool FC as well in a deal reportedlly worth over $600 million, so technically I was helping my beloved LFC by attending this game.

The atmosphere was electric, were as the atmosphere at the Maple Leafs game was good, the Habs took it to a different level, I've never seen anything like it, again like with all other north american sports there was plenty of over the top presentation, and loads of stuff for the kids. But I have to admit I love it, not sure if it would fit with some of the Premiership clubs, but still they do know how to put on an event. I resisted the temptation of $10 beers, and opted for a Timmy's coffee with timbits. Alot more reasonable.




Unfortunately the Habs ended up on the wrong side of a 2 - 1 scoreline, but... I saw my first fight on the ice... awesome, love the fact that it's legal to fight during the game (albeit a 5 minute penalty), but with 22,000 habs fans screaming it's hard not to get excited.

3 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Monster Monkey said...

Now picture that atmosphere when you go see a flick at the old Forum (Downtown AMC in Atwater)

It's kinda sad....

And how does it feel, being a Brit, that a UK team will be owned by Candians?

I'd find it a bit strange if it were reversed and British owners bought, say, an NFL team.....although the prospect for an international league would be very interesting.

Hope all is well

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger MacPurdys said...

Hey Kris,

Glad to hear that you got to attend your first NHL game. Too bad that it was a Habs game but I know that Toronto is too far to drive for a real game. :)

The atmosphere is great there.

Darryl and I went to the game on Saturday. Jolyne and Karine were kind enough to babysit!! And Ottawa won 5-3!!

Stacey

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Cari said...

cool...that's my only regret about montreal...not going to a HABS game! sounds like so much fun!
C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

How Many Visits
Free Webcounter